I have to admit, that I was very disappointed with Kasaro To’s sculpt when it was released. The other SDE Relic Knights crossover mini sculpts look great, but his proportions are just off and he doesn’t have a chibi flair at all. Nevertheless, he is a SDE mini and so he had to be painted. 😉
I chose to paint him in an original paint scheme, heavily inspired by the Mogu from World of Warcraft’s Mists of Pandaria expansion. To further the Asian theme I added a small lantern from Wyrd Games Asian Zen Base Accessories to his base.
Finished Codifier Kisa, the last of the SDE Relic Knights crossover mini heroes. The only crossover mini left to do is the miniboss Kasaro To.
Added a small cat from Maow Miniatures to the minis base.
Shortly before the end of the year I finished the third SDE Relic Knights crossover mini – Sebastian Cross.
Four done, two to go.
Another SDE Relic Knights crossover mini done – One Shot.
While the Relic Knights One Shot minis looks very much like a sniper, this mini came with a gun with a very wide muzzle which looked like a blunderbuss. As I liked the idea of a long range rifle more, I cut off the muzzle and replaced it with the barrel of an old Games Workshop Kroot plasic rifle I had lying around.
Finished the next SDE Relic Knights crossover mini – Calico Kate. Still love my custom base style for SDE but it is always great to modify them a bit based on the minis. With the pirate Calico Kate I added some planking and a little crab from Freebooter Miniatures.
Four more crossover minis to go.
I realized some time ago that it has been more than a year, since I painted my last SDE miniature. Princess Malya, the first of the SDE Relic Knights crossover minis, has been sitting primed on my painting desk for all this time, looking at me with her happy face. About time that face got some paint.
Today I present my first SDE mini of 2015 – Princess Malya. Really like the dynamic mini. Went mostly with the original color scheme, substituting blue with purple. Really loved the idea of the color transition in her hair. Very pleased with how it turned out on the mini.
I’ll continue painting the crossover minis and will try to get as many of those as possible finished this year.