Continued to prepare the Star Wars: Armada terrain from SpaceRocks.net for the next Armada game this weekend. Again – all of this comes prepainted and is ready to go out of the box, but I decided to repaint the Nebulon-B wrecks to personalize my set a bit. The asteroids look fantastic, so I did no additional work on them.
My experiences with weathering pigments AK Interactive have been great so far and I used them again on these models.
Painted two Corellian Corvette wreck terrain pieces for Star Wars: Armada from SpaceRocks.net.
With my Armada fleet ready it is time to prepare the battlefield. Every tabletop needs some nice fitting terrain and while reading WWDP I stumbled across this great article about Star Wars: Armada terrain by SpaceRocks.net. They even provided a 10% discount code.
About ten minutes later my order for the Armada terrain (and some X-Wing asteroids) was placed.
Sadly there were some problems with the delivery of my order (the package got lost) and it took quite a while until I got my stuff. Mike from Space Rocks was nice enough to add some additional debris to make up for the delay.
The terrain pack consists of three wrecks in seven pices, five asteroids and one space station. Everything is prepainted. Although there were some noticeable mold lines on the station and some bubbles on multiple parts, this pack has some great value for $55 (even less with the 10% discount code).
The laser-cut bases provided with the models fit perfectly over the terrain markers from the Armada base set. While playing you can place the terrain on the marker and just remove it if a ship enters the terrain. Affordable, great looking and does not get in the way while playing – I really love this stuff.
I decided to give the terrain my personal touch and started with the space station. Completely repainted it and added some antennas to the model.
Just love how the size and height fits perfectly for a Star Destroyer to dock with the station.
My new photo equipment arrived last week and I used it to take some new snapshots of the fae trees. I’ll be updating other pictures in the coming weeks, too.
The gun carriage has been completed and pics should be online within the next few days.
As advertised I assembled and painted the first three minis of Mannikin Studios fae tree series.
Here they are:
I really love the theme and the quality of the sculps. On the other hand I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the resin cast on some of the minis. The Owl had a noticable flash line, but this was not a big issue with a resin mini and fixed rather fast. The main problem I had was with the “Two Corbies” mini. The branches of the tree were very thin and one of them was snapped in my blister. Assembly and repair took quite some time (and modeling putty) and the result is a very fragile mini.
The price of $12.50 is another problem. I think it’s very steep for the minis, especially the “Two Corbies”. It would have been ok for metal minis (which would have been the right material for the “Two Corbies”) but it’s a bit too expensive for resin.
Nevertheless the minis look great and have a very unique feel to them.